With the NBA season now under way. I am going to keep tabs on the potential MVP candidates as the season progresses. Much like my rankings for the NFL, I will be also keeping tabs on the rookies as well in a separate post. With out further ado, here is the rankings for MVP.
- Kawhi Leonard, Raptors: There were many questions regarding Kawhi and his transition to the Toronto Raptors but all of that should have been answered after his play to start the season. He looks like the player he was before the injury and possibly even better. He looks healthy and totally locked in for this season.
- Blake Griffin, Detroit Pistons: Griffin looks as good as he’s been since being traded to Detroit last season. His offensive games looks great thanks to his improved three point shot. His late game heroics have helped the Pistons get off to a 3-0 start.
- Giannis Antetetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks: Giannis has been a complete monster this season. He looks nearly unstoppable in the open court and plays with relentless energy all game. With Lebron no longer in the East, Giannis is trying to assert himself as one of the top dogs, if not the top dog this season.
- Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans: After playing in 70+ games for back to back seasons, The Brow is really finding a groove and continues to take the Pelicans to new heights. New Orleans leads the NBA in scoring currently and look like a tough team with their ability to play defense at a high level.
- Steph Curry, Golden State Warriors: Steph has been sharp to start the season and looks to make a statement that he is still one of the best players in the game. He looks motivated and that should put fear in the opposition.
*Honorable Mention: Nikola Jokic, Denver Nuggets: The Nuggets sit a top the Western conference after one week of play and look impressive. They are off to a hot start and hope to finally make the post-season where they’ve just missed the cut two years in a row.
Stay tuned for the Rookie rankings!