Hello again, welcome to weekly recap of the biggest sports developments of the past week.
Kristap Porzingis suffered a torn ACL injury to his right knee against the Milwaukee Bucks on Tuesday and will miss the remainder of the season.
- This is a huge blow for the Knicks, Porzingis is a rising star and it’s unfortunate that he suffered the injury. With the Knicks now at five games behind the 76ers for the 8th seed, it will be tough for them to make a push for playoffs without their best player.
- This is now the fourth player from Team Lebron to go down with an injury, like seriously, is Lebron cursed?
The Oklahoma City Thunder beat the Golden State Warriors for the second time this season 125-105.
- Are the Thunder a real threat to dethrone the Warriors in the Western Conference? This will definitely be the best series in the playoffs!
- Carmelo was limited to six minutes in the game as he left with a sprained ankle.
- Paul George was very productive, scoring 38 Points, hitting six threes and getting six steals.
Patriots Offensive Coordinator, Josh Mcdaniels, will not accept the Colts Head Coaching position and remain with the New England Patriots as an assistant.
- Very shocking move, reports were that Mcdaniels met with Belichick, Robert Kraft and that is what ultimately led to the decision to stay.
- What will happen with the Colts as they now need to scramble to find a Head Coach.
- Will Andrew Luck health cause potential coaches to steer clear of Indianapolis?
St Johns upset The Number 1 Team in college basketball, The Villanova Wildcats, 79-75 for their first win in Big East play.
- The Red Storm were led by Sophmore Guard, Shamorie Ponds, who had 26 points, five assists, five rebounds and two steals.
- Jalen Brunson scored 28 to lead the Wildcats. Spellman, Bridges and DiVicenzo, each chipped in 11 points as well.
- This is St. Johns’ second win over a Top-Five opponent within a week, as they knocked off Duke prior to their match-up with the Wildcats.
#14 Ohio State had a strong 2nd half surge to come back and beat #3 Purdue 64-63
- The win snapped Purdue’s 19 game winning streak, the longest in the nation.
- The win now ties Purdue and Ohio State in the Big 10 standings.
West Virginia, Kansas, and Oklahoma were upset Saturday
- The Big 12 has to be the toughest conference to play in this season in college basketball. The top teams have struggled with the bottom feeders and every game is a tough one. Texas Tech has been a surprise as they are number one in the Big 12 standings after this weekend’s games. Having already beaten the Jayhawks on their home-court, Texas Tech can seal their fate if they hang tough and beat Kansas to win the Big 12 regular season title.
Cleveland overhauled their roster at the trade deadline. They acquired George Hill, Rodney Hood, Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr. They shipped out Derrick Rose, Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Channing Frye, Iman Shumpert and Dwyane Wade. Cavs have gotten younger and athletic. I see them going through bumps but once they gel, they could potentially be very scary. They looked nice against Boston on Sunday.